It isn’t slated for release in the UK, yet, but the 2017 Honda X-ADV is definitely a next-generation motorcycle worth examining. A truly multi-purpose motorcycle, the X-ADV is, according to a Honda spokesman, “combines the spirit of adventure with all-round performance, premium specifications, practicality, and comfort for urban commuting and weekend escapes”.
What’s new? Here’s 5 new facts about the 2017 Honda X-ADV…!
1. Designed by Honda’s Italian R&D department, the 2017 Honda X-ADV certainly looks the part. Styling is rugged and there’s a fair amount of ground clearance too. The new ADV-scooter may have a plasticky look, but underneath, Honda says it has a “tough chassis.” The aluminium handlebars are set at 910mm, and the seat height are set at 820mm.It has a dry weight of 238 kg.
2. The 2017 Honda X-ADV features spoked 17 inch wheel in front, 15 inch at the rear and Bridgestone Trail Wing all-terrain tires, giving it more off-road capabilities. This scooter also gets 41 mm upside-down forks up front with 153.5 mm of travel and adjustable rear shock with 150 mm of travel.
3. Mechanically, the 2017 Honda X-ADV is powered by a 745cc parallel twin engine which makes around 54.34 PS of power and 68 Nm of torque (the same 745 cc liquid-cooled parallel twin Honda used in the NC750X). The new EURO4 engine is mated to Honda’s DCT automatic transmission with two automatic riding modes D and S, and also MT mode that allows full manual operation of the transmission.
4. There’s a new Honda Smart Key system that’s similar to what you find in cars these days. Also, other features include a five-position windshield, centerstand, rally-style multi-function LCD dash, a 21-litres storage space under the seat that large enough to swallow a full-face helmet, and a fuel tank with a capacity of 13 liters.
5. Once launched, the 2017 Honda X-ADV will first hit the European and North American shores. Sadly, at this point, there’s not much left to unveil.